Read our mission to ensure your work is a good fit. Read back issues to get acquainted with the journal. All work is published online bi-annually (spring & fall) and considered for our annual print issue (winter). Those selected for print will receive one contributor’s copy. We proudly nominate six of our authors each year for the Pushcart Prize and our print edition fiction to The O. Henry Prize Stories.
- Journal submissions are closed from May 15th-Aug 15th. Reviews and Translations remain open year round.
We accept submissions year round.
- We do not accept previously published material.
- We accept unsolicited simultaneous submissions, given that you promptly update your submission’s status if accepted elsewhere.
- A brief cover letter is helpful, but not required.
- We respond generally within three months. Contact us if longer than six months.
- We would pay if we could, but can’t at this time.
- We ask for first serial rights and the right to keep a copy of the publication in our archives. All other rights revert back to the author after publication.
- We ask that authors mention that the work saw first publication in Newfound for future reprints.
For reviews and review copies, visit our reviews page.
Injustice Anywhere is a Threat to Justice Everywhere:
Themed Issue (Deadline: 21 Dec. 2017)
Our 2018 spring issue will explore injustice and its effects. This can mean work that explores exploitation/violation/manipulation of rights, autonomy, personhood, identity, the biosphere and animal kingdom, and more, as well as unjust spaces and their remains, and/or activities of those living in such environments. Like these blessedly radical words of Martin Luther King Jr., work can also represent transformative conditions.
We welcome political work for this issue.
Please add a note to your submission if you would like us to consider it for the themed issue. All theme submissions will be considered for General Submissions.